March 2, 2024

No lives were lost in a fire outbreak on Saturday night at the office of the National Council of Arts and Culture, National Theatre Complex, Iganmu, Lagos.

However, no fewer than four cows and three goats kept within the vicinity were killed as a result.

The Director of Public Affairs, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Mr Amodu Shakiru, confirmed this in an interview on Sunday.

Shakiru said that the fire was caused by a gas cylinder explosion, which almost spread to the Artistes Village in Iganmu.

“Property destroyed includes, four cows and three goats, suspected dead as a result of the fire. Firemen moved in to stop the inferno and our men with others put the fire out completely.

“The said property belongs to the National Council of Arts and Culture, located opposite Artistes Village. There is no human casualty involved,” he noted.

(NAN)

Affairs TV News

Click Here to Join our WhatsApp Group

Click Here to Join Our Telegram Group

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *