Affairs TV News

News Beyond Headlines


Teenage Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water in Abeokuta

Tragedy struck in Olomore Housing Estate, Abeokuta, Ogun State, as a 15-year-old girl lost her life in a fatal electrocution incident late Sunday night.

The unnamed girl met her untimely demise while attempting to draw water from a well in the estate. The unfortunate event unfolded when power was unexpectedly restored while she was in the midst of fetching water.

The sudden surge led to her coming into contact with a live cable from the well’s pumping machine, resulting in the tragic accident.

Omolola Odutola, the Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, confirmed the devastating loss, revealing that the victim was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital.

The authorities have initiated an investigation into the incident, and the girl’s body has been transferred to the Oke Lantoro morgue.

This heartbreaking incident serves as a grim reminder of the dangers posed by electrical hazards in residential areas.

Efforts to prevent such tragedies must be redoubled to ensure the safety of all community members.

About The Author


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *