Fri. Feb 26th, 2021

The businessman who was abducted in Uso, along Akure-Owo road last week, with his wife, Mr Gbenga Ibikunle, has denied reports that the duo was rescued by the police, adding that they were freed after the payment of a ransom of N2million.

Recall that the businessman and his wife who were kidnapped by gunmen in Uso in Owo local government area of the state, last Tuesday regained their freedom after spending 72 hours with their abductors.

The couple faulted the claims by the police that they were rescued from the kidnappers’ den, describing the claim as a blatant lie, saying no security agency including Amotekun corps were involved in securing their release.

The Ibikunles were kidnapped while returning from an outing in Ebonyi State last week while the kidnappers left their three children behind.

Ibikunle explained that the sum of N2 million was paid to their abductors, before they were released and said, “I am surprised with the claims that we were rescued by the police. This is nothing but a lie coming from the pit of hell.

“I can say it boldly that, no security agency came to our rescue. We were released around 1am after the ransom was paid to them.”

He said further that “they collected the ransom along the road without any fear. In fact, they counted all the money before they released me to my brother, who brought the N2 million.

“We were in the bush with them for three good days without food. They treated us like criminals. They beat us with stick and cutlass.

“We met a man in their den, who was also released the same way we were. His own family parted with N10 million before he was released. At a point they wanted to rape my wife, but she tricked them that she was pregnant.”

Ibikunle who said his abductors are Fulani people, lamented that Nigeria is in a big mess, “we don’t have security in this country anymore.

“It is sad that our security agencies are not effective. The kidnappers carried out their operations with impunity. They boasted that they will kill any policeman that wanted to rescue us. I am weeping for this country because we are not safe. We can no longer travel.”

(Tribune)

Click Here to Read More News on Ondo

Click Here to Join Our WhatsApp Group

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *